Envistacom is a privately held technology company that provides counterterrorism, cybersecurity and communication solutions to the U.S. aerospace, defense and intelligence communities. Customers rely on us to improve the performance of their communication networks and mission-critical systems, so they can use them and the data they carry to identify and defeat global threats.
The Telecommunications Technician (AV LEAD):
Responsible for the continuous operation of complex servers, networks and related infrastructure supporting information systems
Provide required Telephone and Communications support service
- Support and maintain data and telecommunication.
- Manage and maintain the existing VTC system, Multi-point Control Unit, and the PBX with a CS1k front end, which supports incoming and outgoing voice and data traffic and future VOIP switches and telephone requirements, installation, and maintenance
- Provide maintenance and management of a broad range of video and telecommunications equipment and circuits encompassing the complete wiring plant
- Provide efforts in support of all voice, data, and paging systems, providing voice and data connectivity
- Coordinate with customers to maintain and schedule VTC sessions with other sites (maintaining a scheduling calendar and ensuring that equipment is setup and tested prior to scheduled start time of each conference). Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting on VTC system and determine appropriate problem resolution
- Responsible for ensuring COR and appropriate maintenance
- Support official off-site functions, the contractor shall ensure the VTC and public announcement equipment is setup/tested prior to the monthly scheduled event
- Responsible for maintaining all in-house wiring associated with voice, data, and paging systems
- Maintain existing cable and wiring and lay new cable and wiring for telephone and data services; troubleshoot problems with existing wiring and doucment the configuration of the existing wire plantThe contractor shall maintain a complete set of drawings and a cabling/wiring plan
- Installs new software releases, patches, updates and managers the overall configuration to ensure it is up to date and secure
Develops backup and recovery procedures and disaster recovery plans
- Provide NIPR and SIPR desktop support
- Provide NIPR and SIPR VTC support
- Provide VOIP support
- Able to maximize system availability in a standardized customer environments
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k+match
Envistacom is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Envistacom provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment and maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, LGBT and disabled individuals to apply.
Please - no recruiters or staffing agencies