Envistacom is a privately held technology company that provides counterterrorism, cybersecurity and communications solutions to U.S. and coalition partners in the aerospace, defense and intelligence communities. Customers rely on Envistacom for innovative technology and subject-matter expertise to achieve their missions in identifying and defeating global threats. Envistacom is a trusted partner in protecting military personnel, civilians and critical infrastructure around the world.
Biometrics Chief Engineer
Envistacom is seeking a seasoned biometrics/Identity operations engineer for biometrics/identity operations portfolio management in our Springfield, VA office. The qualified candidate will have extensive experience and familiarity with biometric systems and networks, and will have experience both with hardware and software integration and system lifecycle management. Specific job duties will include:
- Engineering support to internal teams such as development, database design, workflow management, data migration, and test and evaluation.
- Proper documentation of these systems, including BOMs drawings etc.; working with documentation specialists to create user manuals and training material, and releasing all documentation to configuration management.
- Working with QA to ensure that product meets quality standards and that documentation is complete and accurate.
- Working with remote field service reps and trouble ticketing systems to resolve field problems.
- Testing systems for proper operation and compliance with specifications.
- Lead and manage all Systems Engineering activities and personnel (direct and matrixed) as outlined in the various projects.
- Working with project management to ensure that budget and schedule objectives are met.
- Report to management on progress of projects.
- Support business development and new business capture efforts.
- Travel Required to meet customers to potentially include OCONUS travel for Site Surveys and Customer Technical Exchange meetings.
Requirements for job:
- Bachelor degree in a technical or scientific field such as engineering, physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, engineering technology, or computer science,
- At least seven (7) years’ experience with deploying and sustaining large, or enterprise biometric systems
- Current Secret Clearance (https://www.opm.gov/faq/e-qip/Who-do-I-contact-to-determine-if-my-security-clearance.ashx)
- Masters' degree in a technical or scientific field such as engineering, physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, engineering technology, or computer science
- At least five (5) years’ experience with deploying and sustaining large, or enterprise biometric systems
- Certifications in one or more of the following are preferred;
biometrics, information security, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
Envistacom is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Envistacom provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment and maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, LGBT and disabled individuals to apply.
Please - no recruiters or staffing agencies