This position is located at Fort Detrick, MD.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and follow through with requirements needing minimal guidance or supervision. He or she must be able to adjust to emergency situations and changing priorities while remaining composed and effective under the pressure. Heavy workloads, time sensitive demands, and/or changing conditions are normal in this position. The successful candidate will be able to easily handle these complexities, while remaining tactful, diplomatic, considerate of the views of others, and effective as a team player.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Serves as an experienced network operations center technician supporting DoD classified and unclassified networks in support of the WIN-T lnc 1 Core Group to manage and administer a Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT). Candidate will be required to perform configuration of iDirect satellite communications systems. Will provide support to existing terrestrial and satellite-based global network(s). Candidate must also possess a strong knowledge of iDirect network architecture. Must be available to travel to work locations within the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS).
· Establish Teleport and RHN SATCOM services IAW ASAs, GAAs, SAAs, , Network Diagrams, and any other documentation from the GAIT NOC Mission Coordinator.
· Respond to and assist the Government in interpreting Army Service Authorizations (ASAs), Satellite Access Authorizations (SAAs), Commercial Satellite Service Request (CSSRs), and other documents authorizing use of GAIT iDirect satellite services.
· Experience to provide troubleshooting assistance in concert with remote terminal operators and to accomplish Tier II support requirements of all Teleport and RHN systems and equipment.
- Use Strong analytical skills with the ability to examine system configurations for proper or improper configuration
- Configure GAIT iDirect satellite Hub systems equipment to specifications by referring to mission configuration parameters;
- Configure, prepare, activate and test GAIT iDirect satellite systems per service requests prior to start of any mission
- May be required to evaluate system performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency via the use of iBuilder, iMonitor, iSite and other network management software.
- Correct deterioration or failure of any iDirect satellite network links that are causing degradation or loss of telecommunications service to the users
- Comply with defined security policies and procedures
- Monitor systems performance by observing monitoring and analysis tools, and perform troubleshooting of satellite remote terminal equipment problems;
- Inputting data into GAIT NOC tracking systems during dynamic mission loads
- Support end users providing troubleshooting and issue resolution assistance in helpful responsive manner
- Ensure customer satisfaction through the resolution of all issues and problems reported
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is desired but not required.
· CompTIA Security+ (or gain possession of shortly after hire).
· iDirect Government Operations and Maintenance (IOM) Certification (or gain possession of shortly after hire).
· 4 or more years of technical experience with configuring iDirect or Linkway TDMA satellite systems, preferably in a DoD environment.
· 2 years’ experience in a satellite communications operations facility.
Current U.S. SECRET clearance required.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k+match
Envistacom is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Envistacom provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment and maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, LGBT and disabled individuals to apply.
Please - no recruiters or staffing agencies