Envistacom is a privately held technology company that provides counterterrorism, cybersecurity and communication solutions to the U.S. aerospace, defense and intelligence communities. Customers rely on us to improve the performance of their communication networks and mission-critical systems, so they can use them and the data they carry to identify and defeat global threats.
- Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits complex operational, instructional, interactive electronic technical manuals (IETMs), maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users
- Strong knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML) and authoring MIL-STD-40051-1B/2B compliant documentation.
- Experience authoring of IETMs compliant with MIL-STD-2361C and MIL-STD-3008.
- Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals
- Recommends formats; Responsive to technical and customer requirements
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards
- Provides recommendations and ideas to the technical documentation team, project leads, management and the customer on best work practices, work-flow, presentation, structure and organization of materials by developing new work processes and methods using existing authoring tools, new authoring tools and third-party plug-ins to improve work process efficiency and overall quality of customer deliverables
- Supports CMMI efforts by defining methods and procedures on new assignments
- Documents engineering processes and specifications by editing software developer and engineering staff's notes and procedures and apply formatting to support the writing and publication of hardware and software test procedures, white papers, readme files, etc.
- Pro-actively informs management team and project leads to report project status, issues or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule
- Ensures the accurate preparation of documents for interim and final delivery to customer by creating and preparing materials (agendas, etc.) to facilitate various validations and verifications of manuals with the customer
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong ability to research and interpret data
- Strong working knowledge of DoD MIL Standards and style guides and the ability to adhere to and implement such standards to technical documentation
- Considered as an expert in several areas of their job (i.e. production tools, projects, DoD MIL STD, IETMs, etc.)
- Strong proficiency with editing and production tools (i.e. FrameMaker, MS Word, Arbor Text, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of publication systems
- Strong team leader skills with ability to supervise and excellent people skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong ability to manage and lead complex tasks from kick off to delivery
- Strong customer interface skills and sensitivity to customer satisfaction
- Strong communications skills with teammates, direct management, program management, engineering/technical staff
10+ years of relevant experience
An active Secret clearance or ability to obtain one.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k+match
Envistacom is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Envistacom provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment and maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, LGBT and disabled individuals to apply.
Please - no recruiters or staffing agencies