Network Security Engineer
Headquartered in Atlanta Georgia, Envistacom is a privately held technology company that provides counterterrorism, cybersecurity and communications solutions to U.S. and coalition partners in the aerospace, defense and intelligence communities. Customers rely on Envistacom for innovative technology and subject-matter expertise to achieve their missions in identifying and defeating global threats. Envistacom is a trusted partner in protecting military personnel, civilians and critical infrastructure around the world.
The candidate will participate in all aspects of Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) operations including intrusion detection, incidents, tracking, documentation, and analytical investigation. Other areas of responsibility are:
- Serves as an experienced cyber security professional supporting Envistacom
- Supports the development, operation, management, and enforcement of security capabilities for Envistacom’s networks to protect and defend against unauthorized access or modifications
- Enforces the network security policy, performing security audits and provides recommendations to mitigate confidentiality, integrity, or availability risk
- Experience in building and maintaining network security systems
- Experience monitoring and reviewing all automatic and manually generated alerts by the security event management system and/or calls and emails from users or administrators on a continuous basis
- Proven work experience performing network security functions and duties to include detecting, preventing and resolving security threats to computer networks.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Performing audits and analysis of network security needs and design, integration, and installation of hardware and software using NESSUS and SCAP tools
- Working knowledge of DFARS/FAR cyber security requirements (NIST SP 800-171)
- Experience analyzing patterns of non-compliance and taking appropriate administrative or programmatic actions to minimize security risks and insider threats.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Experience managing accounts, network rights, and access to network resources.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
The list of desired knowledge, skills, and abilities is not all inclusive but rather representative of key areas:
- Incident Response and Handling policies and procedures
- Writing comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and correcting network problems
- Identifying and defining system security requirements.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- NIST SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Virtual Environments, and Cisco operating systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related filed is desired but not required.
- 10+ years’ experience in a broad range of assignments in technical tasks directly related to the proposed area of responsibility
- 5+ years of Federal IT Security experience
- Industry Certifications: One or many of the following example certifications.
- CISCO Certifications (CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Security, CCNP Security, CCIE Security)
- SANS Certifications (GSEC, GCIA, GCED, GCWN, GPPA, GMON, GCDA)
- CompTia (CySA+)
- Secret clearance (or ability to obtain one)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k+match
Envistacom is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Envistacom provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment and maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, LGBT and disabled individuals to apply.
Please - no recruiters or staffing agencies