Envistacom is a privately held technology company that provides counterterrorism, cybersecurity and communications solutions to U.S. and coalition partners in the aerospace, defense and intelligence communities. Customers rely on Envistacom for innovative technology and subject-matter expertise to achieve their missions in identifying and defeating global threats. Envistacom is a trusted partner in protecting military personnel, civilians and critical infrastructure around the world.
Envistacom is seeking an entry-level Electrical Engineer in role of Projects Engineer for upcoming SATCOM projects. The qualified candidate will have interest and familiarity with SATCOM systems and networks, and will also address hardware integration and service aspects of SATCOM networks. Specific job duties will include:
- Under mentorship of Principal Engineer while working with Systems Engineers, will participate in the analysis and design of small and medium SATCOM systems, including antennas, BUC’s, modems, cases, etc., and product integration and testing.
- Proper documentation of these systems, including parts lists, drawings, requirements definition, verification planning and releasing all documentation to configuration management.
- Publish test plans and procedures and work with the test team to ensure that SATCOM terminal systems are tested properly and completely, and that test reports are completed.
- Configuration of IP networks and equipment, including modems, routers, switches, and VOIP.
- Working with Systems Engineer and Project Management to status budget and schedule objectives.
- Working with Integration and Manufacturing Engineering to ensure that design and documentation is properly gated to integration and change is closely managed.
- Working with Quality Assurance to ensure that product meets quality standards and that documentation is complete and accurate.
- Mentor with Principal Engineer through progress of projects.
Requirements for job:
- Undergrad degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Physics. Near-term graduation acceptable.
- Prefer coursework/experience with requirements management, systems architecture and systems design.
- Experience with RF test equipment and the testing of RF components such as amplifiers, LNB’s and antennas.
- Prefer familiarity with Agile Product Development
- Basic knowledge of basic IP LAN/WAN concepts and equipment configuration.
- Ability to obtain security clearance, SECRET or higher.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k+match
Envistacom is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Envistacom provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment and maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, LGBT and disabled individuals to apply.
Please - no recruiters or staffing agencies