Envistacom is a privately held technology company that provides counterterrorism, cybersecurity and communications solutions to U.S. and coalition partners in the aerospace, defense and intelligence communities. Customers rely on Envistacom for innovative technology and subject-matter expertise to achieve their missions in identifying and defeating global threats. Envistacom is a trusted partner in protecting military personnel, civilians and critical infrastructure around the world.
Envistacom is seeking a seasoned systems engineer to join the Principal Engineering group for upcoming SATCOM projects. The qualified candidate will have extensive experience and familiarity with SATCOM systems and networks, and will have experience both with proposing and analyzing SATCOM systems, hardware integration/test/verification, and service aspects of SATCOM networks. Specific job duties will include:
- Design of small and medium SATCOM systems, including antennas, BUC’s, modems, cases, etc., and oversight of product integration and testing.
- Proper documentation of these systems, including BOMs drawings etc.; working with documentation specialists to create user manuals and training material, and releasing all documentation to configuration management.
- Configuring and deploying iDirect modems and systems.
- Testing systems for ARSTRAT compliance, writing ARSTRAT test reports, and interfacing with JSEC and ARSTRAT to complete terminal certification.
- Configuration of IP networks and equipment, including routers, switches, and VOIP.
- Writing test processes and procedures and working with the test team to ensure that SATCOM terminals are tested properly and completely, and that test reports are completed.
- Working with project management to ensure that budget and schedule objectives are met.
- Working with QA to ensure that product meets quality standards and that documentation is complete and accurate.
- Report to management on progress of projects.
- Participate and lead aspects of business development opportunities and sales initiatives.
Requirements for job:
- 15+ years of hands on experience with SATCOM hardware, documentation, configuration management, and customer/vendor interaction.
- Working knowledge of basic IP LAN/WAN concepts and equipment configuration.
- Active security clearance, SECRET or higher.
- Previous experience with US Army and USMC tactical SATCOM networks (WIN-T, SWAN, SNAP, etc).
- Experience designing and testing autopoint and comms-on-the-move systems.
- Significant experience with RF test equipment and the testing of SATCOM components such as amplifiers, LNB’s and antennas.
- Significant previous experience with iDirect based SATCOM terminals.
- Significant experience with ARSTRAT certification.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k+match
Envistacom is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Envistacom provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment and maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, LGBT and disabled individuals to apply.
Please - no recruiters or staffing agencies