Headquartered in Atlanta Georgia, Envistacom is a privately held technology company that provides counterterrorism, cybersecurity and communications solutions to U.S. and coalition partners in the aerospace, defense and intelligence communities. Customers rely on Envistacom for innovative technology and subject-matter expertise to achieve their missions in identifying and defeating global threats. Envistacom is a trusted partner in protecting military personnel, civilians and critical infrastructure around the world.
The person in this position will provide advanced troubleshooting assistance in concert with remote terminal operators and accomplish Tier II support requirements of all Teleport and RHN systems and equipment.
Provide on-site operation and maintenance support for Ku-Band, Ka-Band and/or X-band satellite communications systems.
Candidate will work with site team-members to:
- Technical proficiency in the operation the Teleport and RHN facility encompassing all hardware and software associated with the commercial Ku/Ka/C Band earth terminals; baseband subsystems; fiber optic systems/components; interface equipment; cabling and duct work; system monitoring equipment; test, measurement and diagnostic equipment (TMDE)
- Familiarity with heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and power support systems.
- Experience with various software interfaces, specifically Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, and CISCO Command Line.
- Performs analysis, testing and debugging of computer hardware, software, infrastructure, and COTS product hardware with the ongoing guidance and direction from engineers
- Lead/supervise field team of technicians performing terminal and system level operations stationed CONUS/OCONUS.
- Provides expertise and instructs subordinates on commercial and military satellite communications, electronic warfare projects requiring detailed analysis of technical issues and impact of proposed design changes on maintaining continuous operations.
- Implement design, initial fielding, training, and repair of satellite communications equipment.
- Work as project lead assembling, maintaining complex systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and test methods during integration.
In order to be successful in this role the Candidate shall possess significant expertise in theory and practical application of RF physics as pertaining to satellite communications to include:
Multiple Frequency Time Division Multiple Access (MF-TDMA)
- Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA)
- Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA)
- Frequency Conversion
- Electromagnetic transmission principles
- Satellite loading dynamics and access/de-access procedures
- Satellite MODEM menu architectures
- Interpretation of satellite Link Budgets and task orders
- Plotting and interpreting spectrum analyzer traces
- Operation of TMDE (e.g., Spectrum Analyzer, Power Meter, Fireberd)
- Control Monitor and Alarm (CMA) systems
- Antenna Control Units (ACU)
- Network Control Center (NCC)
The Candidate shall possess network engineering understanding of the following:
- TCP/IP protocol stacks (i.e., OSPF, BGP)
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) formatting
- CISCO call managers
- Analog over Internet Protocol (IP) formatting
- IPV(4) and IPV(6) IP addressing schemes
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (VPN) tunneling architectures
- VPN routing and forwarding
- VM Ware (virtual servers)
- IP Switching and routing, to include routing metrics
- IP Hardware configuration (switches, routers, etc.)
- Army IA and Security Policies
- Anti-virus appliances
- Network troubleshooting
- Quality Edge Devices (QED)
- Promina NX1000
- Redcom Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
- DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Operation of Encryption / COMSEC devices
- Fixed or deployable satellite systems experience and/or training
- Cisco certifications a plus but not required
- Experience using computer systems and Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to accurately document routine work and while troubleshooting problems
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is a plus but not required
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent with 5 – 10 years of related experience
- Must be willing to work in dangerous and austere conditions with a possibility of extended days. Danger, stress, physical hardships and possible field living conditions associated with this position are possible within a field camp complex. Prior experience working overseas is required.
- Familiarity with Special Operations community
- Possess a current United States passport
- Well developed oral and written communications skills
- Active Secret Clearance
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k+ match
Envistacom is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Envistacom provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment and maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, LGBT and disabled individuals to apply.
please - no recruiters