Envistacom is a privately held technology company that provides counterterrorism, cybersecurity and communications solutions to U.S. and coalition partners in the aerospace, defense and intelligence communities. Customers rely on Envistacom for innovative technology and subject-matter expertise to achieve their missions in identifying and defeating global threats. Envistacom is a trusted partner in protecting military personnel, civilians and critical infrastructure around the world.
LOCATION: Ft. Bragg, NC
Candidate will provide operations and maintenance support satellite communication solutions outside the continental United States (OCONUS). Candidate will be responsible for the setup, configuration, implementation, operations, management, troubleshooting and resolving customer technical problems over the phone, via e-mail, on-site or using remote connectivity. Candidate will work as part of a team and must display a rigorous work ethic and possess the initiative and independent thinking to thrive in a dynamic environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide on-site operation and maintenance support for Ku-Band, Ka-Band and/or X-band satellite communications systems.
Candidate will work with site team-members to:
• Maintain satellite communication system(s) to ensure target up-time (availability) levels
• Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve any circuit or equipment outages or degradation
• Provide all necessary reports for both specific problems and regular reporting as required
• Maintain all equipment and facilities in professional and clean manner
• Perform on-site duties with a goal of complete customer satisfaction
Possible extensive travel via commercial and military means is required. Duties may require on-call responsibilities for customer support and customer emergency response.
In order to be successful in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
· Strategic or tactical multi-channel satellite communications experience
· Strong grasp of satellite communications operational theory
· Understand of basic data/network routing principles and application
· Understanding of the special operations community
Must be hands-on person with the knowledge to operate and maintain the following equipment including, but not limited to:
|Satellite antenna control unit||HPA/TWT/SSPA amplifiers|
|LNA/LNB receiving equipment||L-band routing & switching|
|Fiber/Coax/Ethernet Cable||FDMA/TDMA satellite modems|
|Up-converters, down-converters||RF test equipment|
|Network & data diagnostic equipment||CISCO networking equipment|
· Fixed or deployable satellite systems experience and/or training
· Cisco certifications a plus but not required
· Experience using computer systems and Microsoft Office suite of products
· Ability to accurately document routine work and while troubleshooting problems
· Bachelors degree in a technical discipline is a plus but not required
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent with 5 – 10 years of related experience
· Individual must have recent government contract experience and a current US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at TOP SECRET / SCI eligible
· Must be willing to work in dangerous and austere conditions for up to one year with a possibility of extension. Danger, stress, physical hardships and possible field living conditions associated with this position are possible within a field camp complex. Prior experience working overseas is required.
· Familiarity with Special Operations community
· Ability to successfully complete the CRC course
· Well developed oral and written communications skills
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k+match
Envistacom is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Envistacom provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment and maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, LGBT and disabled individuals to apply.
Please - no recruiters