Headquartered in Atlanta Georgia, Envistacom is a privately held technology company that provides counterterrorism, cybersecurity and communications solutions to U.S. and coalition partners in the aerospace, defense and intelligence communities. Customers rely on Envistacom for innovative technology and subject-matter expertise to achieve their missions in identifying and defeating global threats. Envistacom is a trusted partner in protecting military personnel, civilians and critical infrastructure around the world.
The Sales Engineer will perform the following functions:
- Act as a liaison and work directly with the engineering team to conduct an initial design for various SATCOM, Microwave, and/or Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), and Networking systems offered by Envistacom. As new opportunities are considered, the sales engineer will travel to the engineering facility and meet with engineering personnel to ensure that what is being proposed can be done by the engineering team.
- Read, interpret, and analyze government RFP’s, create compliance matrices, and do other appropriate preparatory work to ensure a compliant technical solution to support proposal development. As appropriate, interact directly with customer and government personnel to fully understand and clarify requirements.
- With the help of engineering and purchasing, identify, collect pricing and quotes for material for the projects. When appropriate, work with configuration management to enter datasheets into our Configuration Management (CM) tool.
- Work with the pricing team to make sure that an accurate Bill of Material (BOM) and Basis of Estimate (BOE) supporting engineering programs with accurate pricing is built for the proposal.
- Write the technical sections of proposals. Technical writing must be clear, concise, and accurate.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Sales Engineer supporting a Government contractor within the DoD sector
- Technical understanding and ability to understand peripheral systems such as power systems (utility power, generators, solar systems), communication towers, foundations, and communication shelters.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills including demonstrated proficiency working with and writing government proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop BOMs and BOEs supporting engineering programs is required including the ability to work with vendors to secure quotes and pricing.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering highly desired
- Previous direct experience and technical understanding with government proposals in the following types of systems: SATCOM, Microwave, and/or Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), and Networking systems is definitely a plus.
Envistacom is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Envistacom provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment and maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, LGBT and disabled individuals to apply.
Please - no recruiters or staffing agencies